Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 per annum
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Legal Cashier to work for Freemans Solicitors. This is an excellent varied position working with a small friendly accounts department. The successful candidate would report directly to the Accounts Manager.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all accounting records are kept up to date accurately and punctually. Issuing cheques, dealing with paying in and day to day banking, preparing telegraphic transfers/CHAPS payments for authorisation and maintaining strict compliance with firm’s policies, the Solicitors Accounts Rules and all SRA regulations that relate to the running of a solicitors practice accounts department.
To act as legal cashier of the accounts department having due regard to the policies and procedures of the firm including :
- Carrying our day to day banking functions
- Dealing with client and office receipts
- Organising telegraphic transfers/CHAPS/BACS payments as required subject to authorisation and approval by a partner
- Issuing cheques from client and office account
- Inter-account transfers
- Purchase ledger
- Posting journal entries to nominal accounts
- Keeping client and office account ledgers up to date and posting all transactions regularly and efficiently
- Dealing with daily queries from Partners, Legal Staff and Secretaries in relation to accounting queries
- Liaising with the firm’s suppliers and paying the invoices
- Credit control bad debt collection when required
- Ensuring compliance to Solicitors Accounts Rules
- General administration, including filing and archiving
- Financial management in liaison with fee earners including time/disbursements recording and receiving information and inputting it as required, assisting with financial queries relating to files
- To ensure that the best of your ability fee earners are kept satisfied in relation to accounts matters and reporting any formal complaints or concerns relating to any financial or accounts based enquiries to the COFA for investigation.
- To work at all times in accordance with the policies and practices of the firm and to liaise with the Accounts Manager regarding any ideas for improvement to the quality system.
- Occasionally to assist with other general office administrative tasks and functions as and when required by the partners for the needs of the business
The successful Legal Cashier is likely to have at least 12-24 months’ experience in a legal cashier position, ideally coming from similar law firm background.
This role will be office based and it will be offered on a permanent basis.
We are seeking a candidate who has legal cashiering experience and has a good, flexible working attitude. If you fit these requirements, please apply today by sending your CV/covering letter to Julia Clarke at firstname.lastname@example.org
The position in relation to trainees is set out on our Trainee Solicitor page.